Thursday, March 31, 2011

What do you keep calling for? It's over...


I remember when we "broke up".

I put that in quotes because we were never really dating, just "talking". Whatever that means. That is some phenomenon my generation created that never had any kind of definitive meaning. I think it was created to make a girl feel just special enough to stick around but still give the guy the freedom to mess with whoever he wants without technically cheating.

Anyhoo, I remember when we "broke up".

This is the guy that I mentioned a few blogs ago. The one guy that managed to get me to fall in love. When it all ended, it was a very dramatic situation. Lots of yelling involved. I will admit there was quite a bit of back and forth between us before I really decided to be done for real, and there was quite a bit of insecurity on my part while we were together.

I has been about one year and three months since we ended our "relationship" and I'm glad it's over.

There was a time when I cut off all communication. He lost his phone, thus losing my number. Then I deleted him off facebook, twitter, and skype. Then blocked him on all three so there would be no enabling through secret stalking. (lol) Sounds extreme, I know, but take my word for it. It was necessary and he deserved it.

A few months after all this I calmed down and although he was not allowed back in my world of social networking, we ran into eachother one day and I allowed him to have my number as an attempt to form a friendship.

Biggest mistake ever.

I really should have stuck with my first instinct because in the last few months I have had to deal with phone call after phone call after text message after phone call. Today we graduated to the next level: voice mails.

I just don't get it. I know I'm pretty cool and all but you have to know when to let go! I mean come on! We haven't even had a polite conversation in forever. He always had the ability to get under my skin, to piss me off and turn me into a bitchy version of myself that's barely recognizable.

I'm not bitter. I'm not angry. I would really like for him to just move on, like I have.

-Desi

No comments:

Post a Comment