Friday, March 11, 2011

Hair salons = pain

So, as you all know I am in Jamaica. I have been here before and I remember getting my hair done for pretty cheap so I was thinking, 'Yes, I can get some twists here for less than half the price and on my dads dime, great!'...

Now, I am not huge in the weave game. I rarely put extensions in my hair at all, even braides, because although people always love it, I have an issue with getting compliments for something that is not truely me. (Which is why I also couldn't get myself to buy that "Miraculous" bra from Victoria's Secret either. I didnt want to walk around pretending to be a D-cup and attracting boob men only for them to find out I'm really a B.. false advertising isn't my thing lol)

But back to the point.

We got to the salon around 1 pm. No one touched my hair until about 3 pm. and the girl was rough! She yanked and pulled and jerked my beautiful curls around with this untra fine comb before blow drying it with the hottest blow dryer I have ever felt. I wanted to  rethink this whole "getting my hair done" thing.

The experience took forever and my and my hair were both exausted at the end of it all! At the end of the 10 hour ordeal, my hair looked great. However I have decided to swear off salons that are more concerned with hair looking good than feeling good..

Pictures are coming soon enough..

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that false advertising thing... I remember Georgette wanted to get a girdle and I told her she should probably do some sit-ups instead. Then she got all defensive, "I guess I shouldn't wear bras either!" Lol. Gotta stop eating those cheesecakes (whole cheesecakes, all by herself).

    ReplyDelete