Friday, March 18, 2011

10 Things I Hate About You

So I was just thinking about the movie, 10 Thing I hate About You, (you know the one with Julia Styles and Heath Ledger) and it made me think about this guy that plagues my mind when ever things get too quiet. Every now and then I forget why we're not together anymore and I must remind myself why we had no choice but to part ways.. SPOILER ALERT: this doesn't end like the movie where the thing she hates the most is that she doesn't hate him at all.. nope.. I definitely don't want this guy lol

This is simply therapeutic.. most of these are superficial and are by no means his worst traits and he definitely had some good ones too.. but this is about the not-so-good stuff lol

Here's why we could never work...

10. He was a dog person and I'm TERRIFIED of dogs. All dog of all shapes, sizes and breeds. I don't get used to them and while I may learn to tolerate them eventually it will never grow to like. He would want a dog eventually and I would have no part of it. It could never work.

9. He mixed up "to" and "too" in every text message. EVERY SINGLE TIME! I mean come on! Did he not notice that I used them correctly. Did he think I was using them wrong? It could never work.

8. He liked the movie Couple's Retreat.. I HATE that movie! It could never work.

7. He was a Taurus.. I don't really follow astrology much but I read up on our match and our demise was predicted.. Even the stars knew, it could never work.

6. He worked with me.. doesn't anymore (Thank God) Mixing business with pleasure is never a good idea.

5. He was an accounting major.. Boring.. No offense to the accountants out there but who dreams of working in a cubicle for the rest of their lives?

4. Spontaneous was NOT his middle name.. he had to know exactly what movie we were seeing before we left the house, what restaurant we were going to, what the weather would be like, what time things started, what time things ended... every single detail! and that is just for the few times I could actually get him to leave the house.. I'm not much of a planner.. I like to play things by ear.. It could never work.

3. He had his ears pierced and if my hands were cold, I couldn't touch him until they warmed up.. I put these together because they are both a turn off for the same reason.. they're both pretty gay.. and I am always cold and so are my hands.. It could never work.

2. He was afraid of random animals like lions and bears and sharks on Animal Planet as if he'd ever run into them in Tallahassee.. come on..

1. He didn't bring me any medicine when I was sick and he smoked.. IT COULD NEVER WORK!

So I cheated and squeezed 12 into this list of 10 but you get the point.. ;)

-Desi

1 comment: